May 8, 2019

Updates


The last few months have been a whirlwind. Now that the dust has settled (albeit slightly), I'm ready to fill you in!

Update #1: After 4.5 years in San Francisco, I finally made the move to Los Angeles last week. Herein lies my cornball moment: I've always loved LA, and living here has been a lifelong dream. "Why LA?" many a friend have asked in recent weeks. It's simple, really. When one spends the entirety of his life fawning over film, Oscars and movie stars through rose-tinted glasses...it's only natural that one would want to be close to the city that's emblematic of it all. So here I am! And I'm excited for what's to come, whatever that may be. 

Update #2: I've been sitting on this for quite some time now, and here it is: I'll be launching a new blog very soon. I'll still be pushing forward with Oscar-nominated performance reviews, kicking off the Speech Series, and the like, but it'll be all be housed under a new name. There's a lot that still needs to be done, so 1953 is paused for the time being. Once I carve out the time I need to sort everything out, I'll be back guns ablazing. Oscargasms has been an important creative outlet for me for the past six years, but I do want to ensure that such an outlet also reflects the individual I've morphed into in that time. So think of this new blog as an elevation of what you're already familiar here. 

More to come. I hope you'll join me on this new adventure!

6 comments:

  1. All the best! Looking forward to all the news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little disappointed because I've loved Oscargasms since I discovered it 4 years ago, but I'm still looking forward to your next step, Allen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spirit of Oscargasms will live on, that much I can promise you!

      Delete