December 31, 2013

1935 - 8th Academy Awards

And so, on the eve of a new year, I present to you the new year I'll be reviewing. May our 2014 be full of happiness, movies, and five-star performances!

 photo 1935.png

and the nominees were: 
Clark Gable, Mutiny on the Bounty
Charles Laughton, Mutiny on the Bounty
Victor McLaglen, The Informer
Franchot Tone, Mutiny on the Bounty
Elisabeth Bergner, Escape Me Never
Claudette Colbert, Private Worlds
Bette Davis, Dangerous
Katharine Hepburn, Alice Adams
Miriam Hopkins, Becky Sharp
Merle Oberon, The Dark Angel

(plus a special appearance by write-in candidate)
Paul Muni, Black Fury

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my worst years, as I've seen none of these. But I'm highly interested in Bergner, Oberon, Hopkins, and the Mutiny boys especially :)

    ReplyDelete