July 23, 2014

Best Actor: 1928-1929


and the nominees were: 
George Bancroft, Thunderbolt
Warner Baxter, In Old Arizona (previously covered)
Chester Morris, Alibi
Paul Muni, The Valiant

and...
Lewis Stone, The Patriot

(which is presently a lost film and only exists in fragments. Oscargasms prays to the Movie Gods that someday the film will be found, but until then...RIP to what could have been.)

*I've opted not to do a round-up post for 1927-1928 as I don't like declaring someone my winner and potentially having to change that decision later on. For all I know, Richard Barthelmess in The Noose may knock my socks off...so until I get around to seeing him some day, there will be no official post, and Emil Jannings will be a tentative winner, (though not the official winner.)

1 comment: