January 14, 2015

Final Predictions: 2014

So! Tomorrow morning's the big day! Oddly enough, 2014 has been one of the least interesting years in recent history for me. I've fallen behind on many of the films, I haven't paid much attention to the race, and I actually have no interest to watch many of these flicks, but looks like I'll have to get around to watching them soon enough. Here're my final (shoddy) nomination predix, in all their terrible glory!

BEST PICTURE
Boyhood
Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Theory of Everything
The Imitation Game
American Sniper
Nightcrawler
Foxcatcher
Gone Girl
Selma


BEST DIRECTOR
Richard Linklater, Boyhood
Alejandro González Iñárritu, Birdman
Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Morten Tyldum, The Imitation Game
Clint Eastwood, American Sniper

BEST ACTOR
Michael Keaton, Birdman
Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything
Benedict Cumberbatch, The Imitation Game
Jake Gyllenhaal, Nightcrawler
Ralph Fiennes, The Grand Budapest Hotel

BEST ACTRESS
Julianne Moore, Still Alice
Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl
Felicity Jones, The Theory of Everything
Reese Witherspoon, Wild
Jennifer Aniston, Cake

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
J.K. Simmons, Whiplash
Edward Norton, Birdman
Mark Ruffalo, Foxcatcher
Ethan Hawke, Boyhood
Josh Brolin, Inherent Vice

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Patricia Arquette, Boyhood
Emma Stone, Birdman
Keira Knightley, The Imitation Game
Meryl Streep, Into the Woods
Jessica Chastain, A Most Violent Year


And that's that! Like everyone else I'll be up and ready for the nominations at 5:30ish in the morning. Let's see how much I get right, and like past years I pledge to have a drink for every nomination I get wrong.

Edit: 76% in the fields of five ain't so bad! Six drinks it is! (I'm excluding my Best Picture errors because I never know how to predict how many films are going to make it in the end, goddammit)

No comments:

Post a Comment