May 21, 2019

Statuesque (adjective): like or suggesting a statue, as in massive or majestic dignity, grace, or beauty.
Related words: beautiful, graceful, grand, imposing, majestic, regal, among others.

Six years ago today, I launched Oscargasms with the Herculean goal of watching and reviewing each and every performance nominated for the Best Actress and Best Actor Oscar. I was a college student then, one with ample free time, considerable flexibility, and a guilelessness that's very much evident in my early writing. 

We're now near the end of the decade. I've entered my late Twenties. I've watched and reviewed my way through 25 Academy Awards ceremonies. I've still got a long way to go, and I don't intend on stopping.

Oscargasms has been the portal to which I've funneled my incessant love of film and art, and I'm lucky that it has attracted any eyes at all. I'm in an interesting point in my life now - I've started anew in a brand new city. I want this portal to reflect the person I am today. And if I've learned anything these past few months, it's that change, as uncomfortable and bittersweet as it may be, is truly needed in order to infuse one's day-to-day - and one's sense of purpose - with more joie de vivre. 

And so with that, I present: The Statuesque. I'm having a lot of fun developing the new blog right now - with plenty of work left to go. It's my hope that everything you've ever enjoyed about Oscargasms will be bigger and better via The Statuesque - I'm excited to be sharing it later this summer!